solidThinking Click2Extrude Metal and Polymer are simulation based environments designed to help metal and polymer extrusion companies meet the ever increasing demands to produce complex profiles with tight tolerances, quality surface finishes and high strength properties at reduced cost. Click2Extrude Metal and Click2Extrude Polymer are virtual presses where users can visualize material flow and temperature inside a die during extrusion and make necessary changes to ensure balanced flow, while identifying and eliminating product defects.
- Test and validate new die designs
- Improve productivity
- Optimize/correct die designs andprocess conditions
- Determine product quality
- Automated, easy to learn,extrusion-specific user interface
- Validate new die designs: Creation of virtual die trials using Click2Extrude can determine potential issues in the die design and help to correct them even before manufacturing the first die.
- Troubleshoot problem dies: Determine causes for the poor performance of a die using Click2Extrude analysis.
- Improve die designs: Click2Extrude can correct and improve the existing die design automatically by adjusting the die dimensions to achieve the desired extrudate conditions.
- Manage thermal conditions: As a coupled solver, Click2Extrude accounts for the effect of heat transfer conditions on the material flow in the die. It is also used to study cooling of the extruded profile in calibration dies.
- Improve productivity: Optimize process conditions to increase productivity using Click2Extrude.
- Improve quality control: Product quality can be improved by eliminating extrusion defects and the effects of die deflection on the product shape. Through determination of recirculation zones, residence time, and excess heating, potential degradation of polymer can be inferred.
- Reduce overall product development time: Combining all benefits, the overall product development time is greatly reduced.